[OM] Re: A question about color resolution and film vs. digital

Subject: [OM] Re: A question about color resolution and film vs. digital
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:43:45 +0000
As much as I hate to toot my own horn and call attention to myself (pause here
for the expected guffaws) I think my latest TOPE entry is probably a pretty
fair example of the full range of slide film, which I find more than adequate
in most situations, particularly if exposed correctly.

http://www.tope.nl/tope_show_entry.php?event=18&pic=7

The original, of course, shows even more detail in both shadow and highlight,
and if I had had the Minolta 5400 at the time I made the scan, with its 4.8
dynamic range, this might be more evident in this example.  Also, reducing the
photo to a JPEG size to meet TOPE requirements didn't help either.

Walt

-------------- Original message from Winsor Crosby : --------------
--SNIP--