[OM] Re: Digital sharpening.

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital sharpening.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 01:54:15 -0700
That is why I like PK Sharpener. You specific the resolution of the
file depending on the sensor size or film size you are starting with.
You also specify the busyness of the subject. Large smooth expanses
like skin in a close up portrait get one extreme and landscapes with
lots of fine detail would get the other extreme. There are a large
number of creative sharpening tools if you want to do something
unusual. Out put  sharpening has options for final size and media. A
print gets different sharpening that a web page image even if they are
the same size. Sounds complicated but it really easy. And Martin
Evening was one of the consultants on the software.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA