[OM] OM2 Troubles

Subject: [OM] OM2 Troubles
From: Rolftruck@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 00:37:21 EDT
Hi everyone -- I need your help, group. I've been lurking and learning
Olympus lore for a while now, while enjoying my 'new' OM1s. But, like a good
Zuikoholic, I recently added a nearly mint OM2 body (which might or  might not
be
an 'n' -- I have no idea how to tell the diff) and its  mirror locked up after
I hit the shutter button (for the very first time)  with a weak/dead battery
inside. I've read about reset options but they don't  seem to be working, so
now I'd appreciate the group's collective wisdom.

I've given it new batteries (LR44 Energizers). I've used the battery
check/reset switch, to no effect. I've moved the shutter-speed ring to the
reset
mark and pushed the reset button. Zip happens. I see a reset indication inside
the battery compartment but haven't been able to find any reference to it on
the  web or in the manual I have in pdf form. Aside from that, have I missed
anything  else?

I bought it via eekBay, of course, from an apparently trustworthy sort  who
called it a fully functional body. I believe that, so I'm assuming the fault
lies with me.

Any ideas? Please? Many thanks.

Rolf in Toronto