[OM] Re: OM2 Troubles Again

Subject: [OM] Re: OM2 Troubles Again
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:39:37 +0100
It's no more than a reminder to do a reset when you change the batteries!
Which makes it sound like a 2 not a 2n.

The usual way to tell a 2 from a 2n is to read what it says on the top
plate(!).  If it says 2n, it's a 2n.  If, on the other hand, it says 2, well
it's a 2.

But that doesn't work if the top plate has been switched, in which case you
need to see if there is a T-series flash-ready LED in the viewfinder,
present only in the 2n. The little hole beside the flash shoe thread will
have space for two contacts on the 2n, while the thread itself is a standard
clockwise one on the 2n (it's a reverse thread on the 2), and I think the
top plate is engraved "Shoe 4" beside the viewfinder on the 2n (I only have
a 1n to look at).

Glad to hear your 'problem' has been fixed!

Piers