[OM] Re: Strange problem with OM-4 Ti - dark left border on some

Subject: [OM] Re: Strange problem with OM-4 Ti - dark left border on some
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:46:21 +0200
Hi, Bernard and all.

I'm not sure if this would apply, but I had a similar problem with an old
Can*n FTb (ahem...) This beast showed dark sides (the right of the pic,
though) at the higher shutter speeds -- even *totally* black at 1/1000!
Flash sync was quite erratic, too.

However, after keeping the shutter *open* in B for a couple of days, it
*improved* a lot -- only 1/500 and 1/1000 were troubled. Then I tried the
trick a few times more, and now the FTb is working *flawlessly* at any
speed, so far -- even the flash sync!

Hope this helps,

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>