[OM] Re: The Transit of Venus Journal Entry

Subject: [OM] Re: The Transit of Venus Journal Entry
From: Rainer Wagner <rainer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:01:13 +0200
Hi Wayne,
look at this one:

http://science.nasa.gov/spaceweather/venustransit/08jun04h/Bassa1.jpg

taken with a plain Zuiko 300 (and solar filter)
Its a pity that this photographer is not on this list, because he seems to
use only OM-equipment for his very fine astropics.

The difference in sharpness in my opinion is mainly due to the use of the
crossed polarizers instead of a dedicated solar filter foil ( which by the
way is cheaper than even a single polarizer)
 Rainer Wagner