[OM] Re: [OT] Big move for me

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Big move for me
From: Donald MacDonald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:17:00 +0100
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 00:14:47 -0300, Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I think I'm going to try to cut it down
> to 2 bodies and 4 lenses to get something that's pretty versatile yet
> still light and portable.
>
> Current thinking:
>
> 2 OM-1Ns
> 21/3.5
> 35/2
> 50/1.4
> 135/3.5
> 2x macro tele-converter

Hey, Andrew.

                Good choices. I'd be tempted to ditch the 50, take a faster
long lens,
and take a couple of short tubes and a decent teleconverter rather than
the macro extender. But I'd bet the majority of stuff will be shot with
the wides...

I'm impressed at your positive attitude and the scale of the change you've
accepted. I've just completed training as a voluntary literacies tutor,
and was involved in my first class last night. Relatively small stuff, but
hugely satisfying.

Enjoy. Have a great experience.

D.

--