[OM] Re: OM-2N mirror locks up.

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2N mirror locks up.
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:40:47 -0400
Meter needle position and actual auto exposure are 2 separate systems.  An
accurate meter does not mean auto expousre is accurate and vice versa.  As
Clint pointed out recently, and I have mentioned over the last 2-3 years,
you could take the meter movement out and it would not affect auto
operation, you just wouldn't know what speed you're getting.
Weak batteries will affect needle position but not necessarily the auto
speed.

John Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977
21 South Lane, Huntington, NY 11743