[OM] Re: OM-2N mirror locks up.

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2N mirror locks up.
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:36:43 -0500
If you do this (and it is a means of providing something closer to film
reflectivity; actually more reflective) be very careful that the edges of
the card are well past the film gate . . . and not just on the edges of it
. . . especially the left and right sides.  You don't want the card edges
to get tangled up in the shutter curtain edges when the shutter is fired or
when stroking the winder to the next frame (which pulls the curtain edge
overlap across the film gate).  It would make a mess of your business card
(usually fungible) and a serious mess of the shutter curtains (major
overhaul time).

Fouled in the shutter curtains isn't something the 35mm crowd usually
thinks about.  The long-time medium format guys (with focal plane shutter
gear) usually do if they've run enough film through their gear . . . the
gummed paper strip and paper backing at the end of the roll have been known
to foul with curtains . . . very, very rare, but it has happened.

-- John Lind