[OM] OT: Any suggestions on removing grain?

Subject: [OM] OT: Any suggestions on removing grain?
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:18:20 EDT
I hope someone can help me with a digital editing project. I'm inexperienced
at digital photo touchups, and have a negative that I'd really like to make
some good prints of. My wife took a great photo of her father and his brother
at
a recent wedding using our Stylus Epic 80. I'd like to print some
enlargements at home, but the grain from the 400 speed film is really showing
up in the
prints. I have the following equipment and software to use: HP S20 scanner,
Photoshop Elements 2.0, and HP PSC 2210 MFC for printing. Is there some digital
magic I can do with Photoshop to lessen the apparent grain in the prints
without making the focus look too soft? I'm using the HP S20 software to do the
scans, but I think Photoshop can import directly from the hardware. Would this
help any? Any plug-ins that would handle this?
TIA,
Greg