[OM] What happens when Winder 2 hits end of roll?

Subject: [OM] What happens when Winder 2 hits end of roll?
From: Rick Morriss <rmaust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:14:57 -0700
The subject pretty much says it, but the reason I'm asking is that I
ran through 4 rolls of film the other day on a 4T using a Winder 2 (in
single shot mode). When it hit the end of the roll you hear the
wind-on stop mid-way.  Since then, if I manually wind the camera, it
won't fire. If I reluctantly force the advance lever a bit it will
sometimes fire, but most times not. Use the Winder 2 and it's fine though.

A year or so back I hit the end-of-roll with a Winder 2 and a 2n, all
kinds of noises, everything jammed...

So what is the deal with Winder 2's, end-of-rolls, and my 4T? It seems
like the 4T was damaged by the Winder, but this makes little sense.

I'm in digest mode, so hope this is somewhere near on-topic...

Rick