[OM] Re: Sad news in the BBQ department - severely OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Sad news in the BBQ department - severely OT
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 19:04:25 +0100
Walt, I agree with you about the timing; I am about to go out and cook
a nice little piece of lamb which has been marinading for a while.  It
will take a couple of Carlsbergs I reckon... ;-).  No, it is not warm
here in England, but the sun is shining, intermittently at least.

By the way, I just know that you will be grateful for my pointing out
that the past of "sink" is "sank" – just like "stink" and "stank".

No thanks necessary, I insist :-).

Chris

On 18 Jun 2004, at 20:31, Walt Wayman wrote:

> Surprising how little our recipes and modus operandi differ.  Except
> you left out the dash of Marvel Mystery Oil.  Gives the meat that --
> well, that mysterious extra something nobody can quite figure out.
> Valvoline 10W-40 is too variably viscous.
>
> But I'm a heretic, I will admit -- a Southerner deep in the heart of
> Dixie cooking country-style pork ribs on a Broil King grill.  They're
> made in Canada, you know.  How aboot that?
>
> I get my hickory smoke right out of the back yard -- cut a green limb
> off a young hickory tree and chop it into two-inch pieces, then it
> doesn't need to soak in water for half a day, and it's way more gooder
> and smokier!
>
> One more beer and the ribs should be done!  That's how I time stuff.
> If I can say "around the rugged rocks the ragged rascal ran" and "the
> steaming steamer stank as it sunk" three times real fast, the meat
> ain't cooked yet.
>
> The steamy rascal stank as the rugged rock sunk--
>
> Gotta go.  Ribs're done!
>
> Walt
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker