[OM] Re: 35-105 zoom - problem with aperature control

Subject: [OM] Re: 35-105 zoom - problem with aperature control
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:21:16 -0700
How hard do you squeeze it? Mine is in like new condition and moves
easily wherever I grab it. However, I know I have a very light touch. My
secretary used to marvel that anything I typed on my keyboard actually
ended up on the screen. So I just tried gripping it much more tightly
than is my habit. Then it gets stiffer, and does so more at the 3-9
oclock position that at others. I suspect the ring is slightly flexible
and goes a bit out of round with pressure. This would likely be more
noticeable in a lens that has seen more use and needs lubing in that
area. It appears mine spent all of its life in a box before it came to
me a few months ago. (Thanks Tom!)

Moose