[OM] Re: 35-105 zoom - problem with aperature control

Subject: [OM] Re: 35-105 zoom - problem with aperature control
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:16:05 -0500
Just tested it; mine does the same with a hard grip on the ring.  Must be
my light touch that I never noticed it before.  My guess is similar . . .
gripping it hard, particularly at the 3 O'clock and 9 O'clock positions,
seems to flex the aperture ring slightly puting more pressure on the detent
ball bearings making it more difficult to turn.

I agree with George; try lightening up a little on your grip and USE
it!  It's a great outdoor daylight walk-around lens, quite contrasty for
all its many elements, and excellent in the resolution and [lack of]
distortion department too.  BTW, the "close-up" ring is actually a 0 to
~5mm variable lens extension tube and it *is* intended to be used partially
rotated in spite of having a lock at full extension.

-- John Lind