[OM] Re: Sigma SD10

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma SD10
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:06:55 -0400
It is a 3.4 mp camera. You cannot magically count each color sensor and call
it a pixel.  The output files are interpolated up to give the appearance of
higher resolution, but it is a marketing scam.

They reportedly do very well with Asian skin tones, but caucasians look like
they have jaundice.  Lots and lots of post-processing. The camera only
produces raw files, so you have to post process to even view -- no JPEG or
TIFF output.

Everything I've read says "cool idea, lousy implementation:.

Tom