[OM] Re: Inexpensive ball head

Subject: [OM] Re: Inexpensive ball head
From: Craig Cunningham <craig.cunningham@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:22:40 -0500
Walt,

Which Stoney Point walking stick/monopod are you using? I've checked out their
website, and you've got me very interested.

I'm considering either the Polecat Expedition Monopod or the PoleCat Yukon.

- Craig

hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman) wrote:

> It's my considered opinion that a ball head on a monopod is not a necessity,
but when I feel the need for one, I use the one from the Cullmann travel kit.
It weighs about 10 ounces, locks securely (unless you're using something like
a Zuiko 350/2.8) and, combined with my Stoney Point walking stick/monopod,
makes for a total weight of just over 1 1/4 lbs.