[OM] Re: Photo projects, was Great Sand Dunes National Monument

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo projects, was Great Sand Dunes National Monument
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 06:11:15 +0100
Moose

Thanks for showing us that and I enjoyed looking through your pictures.
   I don't think that the background colour works for the overall
appearance of your photographs,  I should go for a darker, more neutral
colour.

I like the shots of individual flowers, but the busier ones are less
interesting – except perhaps as a gardener (I do the grass and weeding
in our garden as I am not trusted to deal with proper, valuable flowers
;-)).  The grasses, for instance, are attractive, but the backgrounds
are distracting.  The nasturtiums look a bit beaten up as well.

I agree with your plan to take your time; my snaps nearly always look
like snaps, whereas my considered shots have a better chance of looking
worth taking.

How did you get the bird and moth to hold still?

Chris

On 21 Jun 2004, at 07:32, Moose wrote:

> No captions yet on anything but the first image, but I'd be interested
> in comments as a work in progress
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Garden04/index.htm>.

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker