[OM] Re: Why is it?

Subject: [OM] Re: Why is it?
From: fred42@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:43:57 -0400
Well in regard to Zuiko's I think it depends on what you are looking for. I
have seen (and felt) a steady drop in values for common items over the last
year. I know that it has been going on longer than that but that is how long I
have been focused on it. The higher end stuff still seems to get good prices
but still there is a slow downward trend.

Perhaps there are some sellers who can command higher prices for certain items
(thinking NOS OM-4Ti's and the like here). Even their stock is going to have to
dry up sometime. One thing I am sure of is that we have not hit bottom yet with
used stuff. The next year will be interesting to watch as people like yourself
convert to digital in a major way (not saying that you should sell your OM's
BTW). I think it will continue that people will shed the lower end stuff and
just keep the premier kit.

I just decided recently that I would let my Mamiya C330 go. That sale got me a
1/4 of the way to an E-1 kit. I didn't make a loss on it mind as I had acquired
it through the handy exchange policy at Jessops in the UK. <side story> They
sold me a body that had a frame overlap problem which was exchanged for the
best they could find in the country at the time. I certainly didn't bring the
fact the replacement had the 55mm lens on it and not the 80mm that old one had
<back to the plot>. So I did OK but it didn't go for what comparable units were
selling for three years ago.

What are you looking for in the Zuiko department? More importantly how much do
you want to pay? ;)

Dan S.