[OM] Re: Light & Shade

Subject: [OM] Re: Light & Shade
From: Graham Battison <geebeephoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:57:20 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Rainer,

In a shot with a large area of one shade of green, unripe corn for example,a
filter will lighten the green area and darken other colours, red for instance.
My preference with the filter is for areas containing many different shades of
green. Without a green filter many of the different shades of green will
register as the same shade of grey in the print. A green filter will render
many of the different shades of green in a scene as different shades of grey in
the print because of its' heightened sensitivity to green.

I am not too sure about any difference between old and modern films but there
is a definite 'look' about my green filtered shots that I like. Not sure if I
explained that very well :-) Feel free to push me if you feel that I didn't
answer your question fully.

Thanks for looking.

--Graham

Message date : Jun 23 2004, 08:31 PM