[OM] Vivitar 70-210 f/3.5 zoom

Subject: [OM] Vivitar 70-210 f/3.5 zoom
From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:11:45 -0700
Hi Zuiks:

I recently acquired a Vivitar Series One 70-210 f/3.5 zoom lens from the
Evil place.  From Stephen Gandy's site, I make the manufacturer to be Kiron,
and the build date is the 34th week of 1974.  It uses 67 mm filters.  This
is the first version of this lens, and has a constant aperture.

Anyway, my question concerns the macro mode.  With the lens at the 210 mm
position, you can push in a button, and rotate the ring to line up with a
yellow line marked macro.  However, to the left of the yellow "macro" line
is a red line and a white line.  The white line position seems to be the
normal zoom mode.  What is the middle "red" setting for?

Thanks!

Bill Stanke