[OM] Re: Why is it? For Sale

Subject: [OM] Re: Why is it? For Sale
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:21:16 -0700 (PDT)

> The next piece of gear I'm looking for is an enlarger that can
> handle
> 6x9 format negatives. I want to get more use out of a great
> Graflex
> Century Graphic I've got around here. Now THAT's a retrogear
> camera
> that gets comments!

My 4x5 is a Crown Graphic from 1964.  One of the later ones.
I'm always impressed with the handling of that camera. I used to
"play" with my father's Crown Graphic (mid-50's) a lot so
relearning how to use this one didn't take too long. This is
probably the only 4x5 (other than the Speed Graphic) that
balances movements with point-and-shoot functionality.

The guy I bought the Crown from also has several of the Century
Graphics.  Nice!  But the 4x5 was a better choice for me since I
was looking at investing in a full-blown high-end 4x5 outfit and
this was a $200 experiment.

Speaking of such, I've got a bunch of negs to process yet.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail