[OM] Re: What I didn't bargain for

Subject: [OM] Re: What I didn't bargain for
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:13:04 -0700
on 6/24/04 9:56 AM, James Royall at james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> What is strange is that KEH claim to check everything before selling
> the body, and I'm pretty sure that it worked ok once when I first put
> batteries in, but the stopped when I put a lens on.

Have you checked with more than one lens...? The particular lens you have on
there could be a little 'tight' or something, and this body could be
sensitive to 'tightness' more than others. Don't ask me to define
'tightness', but it sounds like some mechanical linkage is just almost ready
to release, then when you move the lever a bit it does and the shutter goes.
Of course, you probably want the expert opinions of our resident list OM
repair guru's more than my speculations. Another thought, perhaps being in
such good cosmetic condition is due to its being infrequently used, and
maybe a few hundred operations with fresh batterys will limber things up
some...?
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...