[OM] Re: Film in southeast Asia

Subject: [OM] Re: Film in southeast Asia
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 06:09:26 +0100
Andrew

Why not buy your film by mail order?  Contact suppliers now to see if
they will supply to you in Laos and what they suggest and how you are
going to pay them.  In addition, why not contact suppliers in Thailand
(or even Laos) to see what they have for you.

I imagine that you will have access to a fridge where you will be
staying, so keeping the films for a while should not be a problem.  If
you were to stick to consumer films, with distant expiry dates, you
would make it easier; however, I should still be tempted to take loads
of Provia 100F and 400F, with Superia for snapshots.  I should also
take some Ilford HP5 (or XP2 for ease of processing) for the artistic
side.

Good luck

Chris

p.s. why is my blasted spell-checker objecting to expiry?  Expiration
means breathing out! cb

On 25 Jun 2004, at 04:39, Andrew Dacey wrote:

> So with the choice being made to stick with film (a decision I like for
> various other reasons as well), I can focus on issues around that.
>
> Primarily at the moment I'm trying to figure out if I should just take
> over all the film I'll need (and then how much?) or try to find sources
> of film once I'm over there. The other issue is in terms of processing
> while I'm over there or holding on to everything until I get back.

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.

+44 (0)7092 251126