[OM] Re: need tripod help/ also about macro stuff/ 4ti

Subject: [OM] Re: need tripod help/ also about macro stuff/ 4ti
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:19:30 -0300
> Gitzo explorer works for me.  Are you using your extension tubes with your
> 90mm Vivitar? Give it a try.  Bill Barber

No, I haven't tried extension tubes with it, but I'll give it a try once it
stops raining here. The lens came with the matched multiplier that takes it
1:1. It is kind of neat as it has a tripod mount, which makes the setup a
bit more balanced on the tripod, and gives another and easy way of rotating
the camera. But when I get to 1:1, I really think I prefer the 55/2.8 macro,
as it gives the extra bit of depth of field that I normally am looking for
when going to that ratio, and also it is so much smaller than the 90mm and
1:1 tube. What I like about the 90/2.5 macro is the smooth out of focus
background that is so easy to achieve. I've never seen anything like it, as
in for example, selecting a flower, in a group of flowers.

Wayne