[OM] Re: need tripod help/ also about macro stuff/ 4ti

Subject: [OM] Re: need tripod help/ also about macro stuff/ 4ti
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 15:13:01 -0700 (PDT)
> it might be easier to be able
> to take the
> spot reading off different points in the frame without having
> to move the
> camera once everything else is set.

Sorry to disapoint you, but the OM-4x needs to be moved.  The
spot meter sensor is fixed in the center of the viewfinder.  The
M*nolta A1's spot meter is "steerable" across the entire screen,
but the OM-4x is fixed.

> Mine has the green led, and I wouldn't be bothered to
> have it changed.

Good idea if you do a lot of flash work.  Otherwise, no big
deal.

> I just wish there was some way to turn the display on for the
> afternoon,
> when shooting macro. It's not so handy if it times itself off,
> and you have
> a cable release attached, and already have the film advanced,
> and are
> waiting for the wind to slacken, and the cloud lightens a bit.

No worries, mate.  Just fire away.  The camera turns itself back
on when the plunger goes down for the exposure.  The digital
display is just for your own entertainment.

I would suggest that the OM-4x is probably a hair better for
macro work because of the ability to lock exposures in auto
mode, and the multi-spot metering does come in handy when
working up foreground/background lighting ratios.

It's pretty tough picking a "winner" between the OM-2S and the
OM-4.  Each are so incredible to handle and use.  None of the
new breed of cameras have the feel that the OMs do.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail