[OM] A photo kind of day - a little long, but oh, so good!

Subject: [OM] A photo kind of day - a little long, but oh, so good!
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:37:39 EDT
Some days are more like this than others and today was one of those . . .  If
that doesn't confuse you, let me just say the stars all must be in proper
alignment.  That should clear everything up for everyone.  Now that has been
set
right, let me proceed.

Started my day in my briefs, briefly answering a list posting about tripods,
macro work and OM 2S/OM 4 cameras.  There was one thing I left out . . . the
OM 2S rules, unless of course it's circuit dies.  I hate it when that happens.
Currently have 5 of them that work, so don't plan to run out anytime soon.
Other than that messy circuit thing there isn't much to not like about them.

Cleaned up a bit and called a friend who was buying some lenses and flash
equipment for a Can*n that another friend had asked me to list it on ebay for
her.  To make a long story short, I put the two ends together and help to keep
the photo equipment economy flowing. Made a date to go out with him next
weekend
and do some macro/nature/wildlfie shooting at Brazos Bend State Park.

Drove down to Clear Lake and entered three prints in a juried art exhibit at
the Art Alliance of Clear Lake.  This is the first time I had entered this
type of show and hope to have something selected for the exhibit which runs
from
July 1st thru the middle of August.

Stopped at the grocery store for a few items and took them home, noticing a
couple of butterflies working a patch of flowers in my back patio, as I carried
in the groceries.  Grabbed the e-1 with 50-200mm and 1.4X, the Gitzo Explorer
and hit the bricks (brick patio).  My experience with digital is very
limited, however when I get comfortable with it, I'm sure I'll love the whole
deal.
Fired off 35 or 40 exposures, deleted a few and ultimately filled up the cart,
essentially knowing pretty dawn close to what I had captured when I turn the
camera off.  My first impressions of digital being that it is much better than
sliced bread.  If you don't want to spend any money or feel deprived, don't
get a good DSLR in your hands for any length of time.  The e-1 is a good one.
The one gig card gives me many rolls of film equivalent each time it is filled
up as I shoot and select and then shoot some more.  Incredible!

Went to my daughters house, where my bride was baby-sitting my two grandsons
for the day, while our daughter, her husband and his parents drove to College
Station to visit the George H. W. Bush Presidential Library.  When I got there
the oldest was down for a nap and I had the 2 year old to myself or at least
as much as anybody can have a 2 year old to themselves.  Got one of my OM 2Ss
out of the car and finished off a roll of B&W as he finished off a bowl of
cantaloupe.  The eldest got up and called his best friend who lives across the
street to come over and play.  Back to the car to retrieve the OM 2S with color
negative film and burned a roll with all three of them, using the same 85mm f2
lens used with the B&W.  There are a lot of lens for the OM that I really
like and I'm getting to like the autofocus on the e-1 lenses, however I don't
think there are many lenses that are much higher on my list than the 85mm.
There
is a little cluster at the top and the 85mm f2 is part of the cluster.  Damn
fine lens!

Other than contacting my friend about her check and finishing this email, my
photo kind of day is about complete.  It has been a rather successful day . .
. one which has brought joy both to me and others and photography played a big
part of it.  It made no difference the capture method or really the subject
matter.  It didn't make any difference if it was in my backyard or my daughters
home.  Old technology or new, had little to do with it.  What was important
for me was that I was engaged and open to the possibilities which presented
themselves.  My photo kind of day was a choice and certainly one I was pleased
with having created for myself.  I guess everyday is that way . . . a choice.
hope each of you had a wonderful day today and choose to have another one
tomorrow  {8^)  Bill Barber