[OM] Re: need tripod help/ also about macro stuff/ 4ti

Subject: [OM] Re: need tripod help/ also about macro stuff/ 4ti
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:53:15 -0700
That all sounds way too complicated!

So I'll ask a question. Is choosing and using the best tool for the job
smart or cheating? I know the answer is not always straightforward and
the question never asked in some aficionado circles.

My solution to all this is very simple. I mostly use a wide latitude,
low contrast film, Portra NC in my case. Then I need only get the
metering close, compensate if necessary, use Auto and be assured of
properly exposed shots. Maybe it's cheating, but it sure makes getting
the image I want easier. More time for choosing framing, aperture,
waiting for that magic pause in subject movement, taking other shots, etc.

Moose