[OM] Re: A photo kind of day - a little long, but oh, so good!

Subject: [OM] Re: A photo kind of day - a little long, but oh, so good!
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:16:14 EDT
In a message dated 6/27/2004 11:42:10 PM Central Standard Time,
ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
That was worth a read, thanks.  These days come few and far between for
me, but you encapsulated the feeling ...

Chris

On 27 Jun 2004, at 03:37, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Old technology or new, had little to do with it.  What was important
> for me was that I was engaged and open to the possibilities which
> presented
> themselves.  My photo kind of day was a choice and certainly one I was
> pleased
> with having created for myself.  I guess everyday is that way . . . a
> choice.  I
> hope each of you had a wonderful day today and choose to have another
> one
> tomorrow  {8^)  Bill Barber

A little update.  As I took one of my infrequent naps on Sunday afternoon,
the phone closed my active chapter of "Dream Land".  My wife took the call from
the lady at the Art Alliance notifying me that none of my three photographic
images were selected for the art exhibit.  There were 472 pieces of art
entered, the majority being paintings.  I would be lying to say I wasn't a
little
disappointed, however I do remember what they say in the old country, which is,
"Next".  The important thing for me was that I was on the playing field playing
rather than in the stands watching.  There will be a tomorrow and my today
will be what creates it.  On July 12, I will leave for a two week driving trip
to visit and photograph the Great Sand Dunes National Park, Canyon Lands
National Park and to take part in a 6 day workshop in Ouray, Colorado
photographing
the mountains and wildflowers.  A visit with my expectant daughter and her
husband will be squeezed in the middle of all this and will be one of, if not,
the highlight of the trip.  The summer will bring wildflowers to the mountains,
and the fall will bring another life to the Universe as our family expands.
These are exciting times and ones which present many opportunities for me to
use my cameras as I observe the miracles of life.  Each day is an exciting time
for me as I embrace some of the many opportunities from the smorgasbord of
those provided each of us.

My kit sits by the back door with a couple of OM 2S bodies and an assortment
of lenses, a roll of Tri-X and one of Kodak Ultra Color. I will be prepared as
I go about my day.  There is intentionality in my actions, which is an
essential ingredient in my growth in and enjoyment of both my photography and
my
life.

Some will remember one of my goals for the year was to have a website by
years end.  That is still an active project and I'm sure will include some
images
from this journey.  Thank goodness for having goals and for continuing to stir
the pot.

That is it, as I head off to do those things that support me in my adventure.
Create a wonderful day for yourself and others today.  {8^)   Bill Barber