[OM] Justify what?

Subject: [OM] Justify what?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 07:01:07 -0700 (PDT)
My wife just doesn't understand.  I can't seeem to convince her
that film is better.

It came to head this weekend when I made a test print from a 4x5
B&W negative and did the same shot from the digital.  She liked
the 8x10 from the digital better than the 8x10 from the 4x5
negative.

I will admit, it did turn out quite well.  If you know what to
look for you can see the effects of sharpening algorithms and a
hint of noise.  I converted the file to a 48bit Tiff and
imported it into Picture Window Pro.  Applied a green filter
during the monochrome conversion and wiggled the black, white
and midpoints around to match the film print (I liked the film
print).

The 4x5 (HP5+) is essentially grainless and the tonalities are
"creamy".  But I was absolutely amazed that the digital did as
good as it did.  8x10 appears to be maximum size I can get out
of it, though.

I think she wants the darkroom back.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail