[OM] Qualifications

Subject: [OM] Qualifications
From: Ross Orr <voxbongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:02:30 -0400
Wayne wrote:
>Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the minimum requirement
>for anyone to be on this list was at least 5 OM bodies and to have
>either a complete set or 2 each of the lenses in the 24-100mm range,
>except for the 90/2, 50/2 or 50/1.2, of which you have to have one of
>them or the equivalent Tamron or Vivitar macro, and also excepting the
>multitude of 50mm varieties. And at least one telephoto above 100mm
>(excluding the 500mm mirror lens and 135/3.5, while the 135/2.8 is OK
>but minimal and also including a Tamron 80-200mm zoom or 300/2.8).
>Those with an 8mm, 16mm, 18mm, 21/2 or either shift lenses do not have
>to meet the 24-100mm lens requirement.

Dear god, this reads like something out of the IRS tax code.

Anyway, rather than absolute quantities of OM gear owned, I think
there needs to be a special allowance for *percentage change* over a
given time. When I joined the list I owned a 2N a T20, and 3 lenses.
In the seven months since, I've increased that by approximately 150%.
And I'm still thinking about an additional 1N and a 50/3.5 macro. . .

Welcome, JM!

cheers,

  -- Ross

"Do something foolish once, and it's a mistake.
  Do it repeatedly and it's a philosophy."