[OM] Re: Qualifications

Subject: [OM] Re: Qualifications
From: Juergen Marbacher <main@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:31:01 +0200
At 29.06.2004 Wayne Shumaker wrote:

>The exception to that requirement is to spend time actually taking
>photographs rather than listening to the old farts on this list who
>have nothing better to do than argue about silly analog audio gear, or
>some such nonsense.

(Un)fortunately I'm an old fart, too :-) With a functioning record player
and several hundred albums, Jimi's included. I was even lucky enough to see
him live in a small provincial club 15 kilometers from my hometown in 1967
or '68, can't remember exactly.

>  And why are you interested in
>old OM camera gear anyway, the E-1 is out, this list should be
>diminishing...

I bought my first OM body with 50mm/1.8 in 1978 and have been using OM gear
since then, which doesn't mean that I'm not interested in digital
photography. I'm going to have a DSLR probably sooner than later.

jm