[OM] Re: Qualifications

Subject: [OM] Re: Qualifications
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 04:07:38 -0500
At 10:44 PM 6/28/04, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
>The exception to that requirement is to spend time actually taking
>photographs rather than listening to the old farts on this list who
>have nothing better to do than argue about silly analog audio gear, or
>some such nonsense.

[rest snipped out]

I cannot deny that I might qualify for geriatric flatulence status.  Even
so, I do run a considerable number of rolls of film through my cameras each
year, many more than the average non-professional.  The mound of gear taken
to a hired shoot is also considerably larger than the average non-pro would
haul around.  Last gig I went to, I took the following (to the tune of "The
Twelve Days of Christmas" [last verse]):

     On my last wedding shoot, my Sherpas bore for me:
     Twelve rolls of Portra
     Eleven screw-on lens hoods
     Ten Cokin filters
     Nine high speed lenses
     Eight rods of power cord
     Seven roll film inserts
     Six handle flashes
     Five S - L - R's
     Four silvered brollies
     Three eight-foot light stands
     Two monolights
     And - a - flash - meter - in - a - leather - case

At least I have not yet sunk to, nor have I been accused of, being a
sclerotic gasping geezer.

-- John Lind