[OM] Re: Which Stylus?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which Stylus?
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 21:39:06 -0400
on 2004/06/30 11:22 AM, Andrew Dacey at frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I was pretty impressed with the Stylus
> Epic in terms of size and weight, not to mention having a nice fast
> 35/2.8 lens.The big drawback I see with that camera in that it takes
> 3V CR123A batteries which will probably be hard for me to get in Laos.

On the other hand, you could just take a few. Our Epic goes about 1 year
between batteries. It's role is family photos for situations where heavy
gear is not appropriate, so it probably gets 20-30 rolls per year. I use
flash only occasionally with it - I bought the 2.8 lens so I could shoot
ambient.

> - Must have a meter that I can accurately use slide film with. I plan
> to take Velvia, Provia 100F, and Provia 400F as my main films along
> with some B&W (probably Tri-X but possibly some other options).

I have used it with slide film, and the meter seemed dead on. The spot meter
is very nice to have when center averaging doesn't work.

I bought another Epic (reconditioned) as a keep-a-camera-handy camera, as I
am no longer allowed to leave slide or B&W in the first.

Andrew