[OM] Re: Which Stylus?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which Stylus?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 21:32:49 -0700
on 6/30/04 9:44 PM, Paul Braun at cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Is there a difference between a Stylus 115 and the Epic?  I see both
> listed on ebay.

Stylus 115 has a 38-115 zoom lens. The Epic has a fixed 35mm focal length
lens, but it is an f2.8 and considered quite sharp. I think it is an
evolution of the XA lens in principle, though a completely different design.

> I've got 2 original Stylii that I love -- may pick up another to have as
> an eventual replacement, but a Zoom, while not as compact (and
> I'm not crazy about the popup flash), might be nice to have in the
> bag.

The original Stylus has a 35mm f3.5 lens if I recall. The Stylus Epic 35mm
f2.8 is reportedly sharper than that lens, though my pictures with each
model appear very similar (they are just quickie snapshots in bright light,
not intended to explore the limits of either lens).

> Main bodies are a 2n and a 4T.

Can't go wrong here... the Stylus Epic lens is probably close to the quality
of the Zuiko 35/2.8 you would mount on these bodies... its a -great-
carry-it-around-everywhere-without-noticing-it camera.

> Thanks!
>
> Paul Braun  WD9GCO
> cygnus at ctgonline.org
> Valparaiso, IN
>
> "Enjoy every sandwich." -- Warren Zevon
>
> "At Microsoft, Quality is job, oh, I dunno, maybe 7 or 8?"

"MS-We'll get it right, eventually..."
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...