[OM] Re: Bugbrooke Northamptonshire #1 (2 shots)

Subject: [OM] Re: Bugbrooke Northamptonshire #1 (2 shots)
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 06:48:16 +0100
Thanks Graham (and Jim for your explanation).

That is something that has always confused me about Photoshop and
burning-in: do you make the brush big enough to cover the entire sky,
or are you just very good at sweeping across the sky with a smaller
brush?  I always get stripes, so I must be missing something.

Chris

On 1 Jul 2004, at 08:45, Graham Battison wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> The short answer is that I am not sure. It would lighten the newly
> mown, very green, hay and hold some cloud detail in the sky. I'm not
> playing dumb here, I really am :-)
>
> My thinking behind the use of the green filter was that it would
> render the foreground better and hold enough in the sky for me to burn
> it in when I got the shot onto the computer. The contrast between sky
> (extensively burned in) and the foreground (bumped up contrast) is not
> a true reflection of what I started out with.
>
> Just a variant of working in a darkroom where I would,  courtesy of
> Ilford Multigrade paper, give the print a longer exposure for the sky
> while masking off the foreground then reverse the mask and print the
> foregound on a harder grade to boost the contrast.
>
> Graham
> www.geebeephoto.com

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker