[OM] Re: Correcting my character flaws

Subject: [OM] Re: Correcting my character flaws
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 06:30:57 -0700 (PDT)
> TNC? Is that The Nature Conservancy? No, however wouldn't be
> opposed to
> joining. Is there a benefit as it relates to the Sand Dunes
> National Monument/Park?

Probably so.  They control most of the land (and access) to the
SW of the park.  I would have really liked to have traveled
farther into that land but the warning signs kinda scared me
off.

> Perhaps, I'd best save my 4 wheeling for Ouray and Canyon
> Lands NP when most
> of this stuff along with my bride will have been deposited at
> our daughters
> house in Golden. But then what is it they say?  No guts, no
> glory.

Sounds like a plan.  The Suburban is a bit big for the rocky
stretch.  You'd be ok up to the the third crossing.  It's easy
to identify where you will need to stop.  The trail suddenly
turns very rocky and steep.  Maybe I could suggest the hiking
trail that goes east out of the campground and goes right up the
mountain.  It's supposed to give you down-angle views of the
dunes.

Suburbans have one off-roading character flaw.  The wheelbase
and rear overhang are a bit long for really tight
spots--especially if you have running boards installed.  A 5"
lift kit and 33" tires solves most of that, though.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail