[OM] Re: B & W Film recommendation

Subject: [OM] Re: B & W Film recommendation
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:32:28 -0400
on 2004/07/02 10:46 PM, John A. Lind at jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> No, it's Push-1.  Don't feel bad, you're not the only person who has been
> confused by the film name...
> Both have a nominal ISO speed rating of about 800 to 1000, (varies with

OK, thanks. I realized the ISO speed was around 1000, but figured push/pull
would be taken from 3200, which is the EI that seems to produce the most
normal contrast. I tried 1600 for less grain, but as mentioned had to print
to fix the contrast. I also shot at 6400, which was fun (being able to shoot
in very low light with the 50/1.4, or have lots of speed in room light).
However, the grain made this a not-so-general-purpose solution, though a
nice effect in some cases.

I used D-76, perhaps T-Max would have been better.

Andrew