[OM] ( OM ) Canada day - "Angel of the North"

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Canada day - "Angel of the North"
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 03:45:01 +1200
Hi All,

John wrote:

 Brian ... alas, this is not the John Hudson to whom credit is given for
those Gateshead statue photos. I am off to visit my mother in two weeks for
her 90th birthday and am sorely tempted to take a day trip to see the statue
truly amazing. The web site mentions that it is the largest statue in
the UK having a wingspan bigger than that of a Boeing 757 or 767. Must be a
photographer's delight.

For those interested, check out

http://www.gateshead.gov.uk/angel/index.html

John Hudson
Nova Scotia, Canada.

The statue "Angel of the North" is truly remarkable as far as I can tell from
the websites that a google search turns up.

Remarkable, in my opinion for its immense size, and - I think its non-artistic
nature. For my 2 cents worth it isn't pretty at all, and where it has been
placed on a hill-top to catch all passing and incautious aircraft, it would be
very difficult to take a photograph that had much artistic merit - as the web-
shots show. I think.  It must catch a huge amount of wind in a storm.

However, it is without doubt quite original. I've never seen anything like it.

Brian