[OM] Re: OT Electronic memories, was Qualifications

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Electronic memories, was Qualifications
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:00:11 +0100
On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:26:05 +0100, Chris Barker
<ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>When I was about 15 I lived in Teheran and had a certain amount of
>exposure to US influences (DC Comics etc...).  I had the Heathkit radio
>catalogue and dreamed of having one to build ? never did though.

I did - several!  The UK 'arm' of Heathkit was Daystrom Ltd, in
Gloucester (a lovely place to visit BTW). Most of what they sold was
UK sourced for the UK market although you could get some of the US
Heathkit stuff. I built an AM/FM tuner, AF and RF oscillators (still
have these) and a valve voltmeter (VTVM to our friends over there :-),
as well as a pair of speakers.

The kits and instructions were extremely thorough and have never been
surpassed IMO.

Cheers

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)