[OM] Re: [lens] Re: Shift lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: [lens] Re: Shift lenses
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:28:53 -0500
At 02:23 PM 7/5/04, tOM Trottier wrote:

>Actually, the field of view of a shifted lens will vary according to
>where in the image circle it is shifted. On the edge of the frame
>near the edge of the image circle, the field of view will be wider
>(in degrees) than the opposite edge.
>
>tOM

Now my brain's starting to hurt trying to think about this (and envision it
in 3D) all in my head.  I'm gonna crawl back under my rock to cogitate on
it for a while, resorting to the method of absolute last resort for dire
mental straits: making a few sketches on toilet paper with some Crayolas.

-- John Lind