[OM] Re: [lens] Re: Shift lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: [lens] Re: Shift lenses
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 16:27:31 -0400
Retreating to the cone of silence?

tOM

On 5 Jul 2004 at 15:28,
John A. Lind <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 02:23 PM 7/5/04, tOM Trottier wrote:
>
> >Actually, the field of view of a shifted lens will vary according to
> >where in the image circle it is shifted. On the edge of the frame
> >near the edge of the image circle, the field of view will be wider
> >(in degrees) than the opposite edge.
> >
> >tOM
>
> Now my brain's starting to hurt trying to think about this (and envision it
> in 3D) all in my head.  I'm gonna crawl back under my rock to cogitate on
> it for a while, resorting to the method of absolute last resort for dire
> mental straits: making a few sketches on toilet paper with some Crayolas.

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur -------
   ,__@ tOM Trottier +1 613 231-6115
 _-\_<,         758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)                N45.412 W75.714
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too
much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
-Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826)