[OM] Re: Correcting my character flaws

Subject: [OM] Re: Correcting my character flaws
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 13:42:34 -0700 (PDT)
> For some reason I had the impression that you had the older
> style JGC.  Looks pretty good for a vehicle with 180000(?)
> miles on it. The Thule does not ruin it either

Cherokee Sport is the older one.  This one is my wife's.

> Liked your pictures.  Not many people like the panoramic
> format though...seems like most of my pics are stitches
> lately, we will get low grades on Photo.net for doing that

Hence, why I don't bother with Photo.net.  I do peruse once in a
while for relevancy, but otherwise, I would rather do what sells
and what I enjoy.  What happens all the time, on P.N. is
somebody will present a somewhat original shot and within a week
you'll have 200 copies of it. Oh, and the "approval" aspect is
definitely bell-curved.  Moderate acceptace at first, then
better executed versions appear, then burn-out.

And, no, those aren't stitches.  I shot both with the intention
of panoramic cropping. The color shot of the mountains/dunes is
by no means original.  It's pretty much like any other "pick
your location" panoramic with cutsie clouds and Velvia+Polorizer
saturation.  But, it's what sells, so it's what I shot.  Oh, it
doesn't look to shabby printed up, either.

I can't seem to get the Velvia look with digital--yet.  My
digital stuff still looks like it's behind shrinkwrap.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail