[OM] Re: RAW files aren't just for cameras.

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW files aren't just for cameras.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 13:57:24 -0700 (PDT)
> > Now, I just need to get a decent scanner to match the
> software.
>
> an Olympus E-1, or maybe even a C#n#n 1Ds?

I'm getting a whole lot closer.  I'm starting to accept digital
and an E-2 will get serious consideration. Or a 10D MII.
Something that will, with adaptors, take Zuikos.

But, I'm REALLY impressed with the "look" from the E-1.  The
coloration (like the Fuji S2) is right inline with my vision. I
crop nearly everything to 8x10 format and the Olympus is able to
provide without needing to crop during post production.  I can
shoot to output right in-camera.  If you compare sensor sizes on
the short side, the 4/3 format isn't really any smaller.  1 1/2
millimeters smaller than the usable of the 10D, I think.  Not
really enough to worry about.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail