[OM] Re: What we did on our holidays, the first page from the journal

Subject: [OM] Re: What we did on our holidays, the first page from the journal
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:29:13 +1000

> W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Very nice shot, the kind I aspire to. I'm curious how well you think your
scan matches the film image? /wayne

Wayne,

This was scanned on an Epson 2450 flatbed with film holder.  The scan doesn't
look
anywhere near as good as the slide on the light box.  Ok, so why not ?
The sharpness of the original is lacking, the 2450 doesn't optically resolve up
to the
2400 ppi resolution.  The scan hasn't captured the sublety of colour or the
shadow
detail of the original.  I use the 2450 only because I can't at this stage
justify a better
scanner and the results are "adequate" for web use.

Thanks for your comments,

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com