[OM] Re: T32, OM4-Ti & Accessory Shoe?

Subject: [OM] Re: T32, OM4-Ti & Accessory Shoe?
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:19:02 EDT
Cc: orava@xxxxxxxx
In a message dated 7/7/2004 11:14:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time, orava@xxxxxxxx
writes:

> Do you mean TTL Auto Shoe Cord T 0.6 as presented in here (in the middle of
the photo):
> http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/flashphotogroup/ttl_auto_cords_t.htm

That's the one!

> I would just like to protect the TTL plug in my OM4Ti-body (and the cap of
the
> plug from missing) and that is why I presented my question in the first
place.

I'm not sure I've ever heard of problems with the TTL connectors on the front
of the later bodies - I use mine all the time. I have heard about OM-4 and
OM-2S hot shoes coming loose, though. I doubt the use of the shoe cord is
really
necessary, but I also doubt it will cause any problems. Maybe John H. or
Clint could comment on the relative failures of the two connections.

Paul Schings