[OM] OMG shutter problem

Subject: [OM] OMG shutter problem
From: "Dead as a Dodo" <dead_asa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:08:58 +1000
Hi everyone,
I hope someone can help me with a problem I am having with an OMG.
Occasionally using the camera the second shutter fails to complete its
travel to the closed position. If you remove the lens and look in you can
sometimes see a strip of film on the right hand side. The only way to reset
it is to advance the film, after which the shutter again exposes
automatically as soon as the film is advanced, and then advance the film
again. After this the camera works normally.

I have operated the camera extensively with film, taking approx 50 shots
consecutively with no problems, until the occasional fault described above.
Auto exposure works correctly, batteries replaced etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Paul

Message sent using
Dodo Internet Webmail Server