[OM] Re: E1 vs. 10D, D100, D70, etc...

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs. 10D, D100, D70, etc...
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 07:38:54 -0700 (PDT)
> Most of her glass is mid-late
> 90's vintage and at least a third of them are starting to need
> some
> mechanical attention. That in itself is another issue since
> her stuff has seen no hard use.

My collection of "hard use" silvernosed Zuiko lenses date back
to the early 80's, maybe even the late 70's. I guess I can be
thankful that I didn't convert to AF back in the 90's or I'd
have to be replacing it all over again.

That's ONE reason why I'm interested in a digital that would,
with the adaptor, take my old lenses.  They may not be perfect,
but they are compatable with the old film cameras and they are
paid for and they'll outlast everything costing 10x more.

As to Tom's pictures, I see a certain color characteristic in
the pictures which definitely point to Nikon.  The reds look the
way your mind sees them.  Reds are not BROWN (Canon) or ORANGE
(Olympus) or PINK (Minolta), but RED (Nikon).

The world of digital photography is a classic case of "grass is
greener on the other side of the fence."  Whatever system you've
invested in has flaws that you aren't happy with and you think
that the other brand has to be better. The fact is, each has
advantages and each has disadvantages.  I'm inclined to lean
towards the system that fits my hands and eyes the best.  After
all, isn't that why we own OMs?

AG-and proud of it-Schnozz

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail