[OM] Re: Another page from the journal - warning Non OM image

Subject: [OM] Re: Another page from the journal - warning Non OM image
From: Michael Darling <miked2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:50:33 -0400
On 7/11/04 4:08 PM, "Gary Edwards" <zuikowarriors@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, a frequent solution to the difficulty of an up-side down car loan.

In and around the part Philadelphia I used to live in, it was not unusual to
see the same abandoned car in the same place for weeks (sometimes months.)
It would gradually be stripped of any useful parts, vandalized, and pummeled
until it was a jagged hunk of metal, bits of broken glass, and urine-soaked
upholstery. The City would eventually come around and cart the remains away.

Local residents know, however, that once a car has been "toasted" it is
labeled a public safety hazard, which the City promises (heh...) to tow
within 24 hours. It's one way people there try to keep their neighborhoods
clean. Almost ironic.

I never thought of them as particularly photogenic subjects. I guess the
fisheye lens helps, though every time I convince myself I need one I pick up
a skateboarding magazine and talk myself out of it. :(

-mike