[OM] Re: OM4 strange electronic buzzing sound

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4 strange electronic buzzing sound
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:48:59 +0100
Not good news, I don't know of anybody in UK better placed than those guys
(and as best I can tell nor does Olympus).

Here's another way of looking at it - conventional wisdom, I believe, is
that a circuit failure on a 4 is terminal, due to lack of components.  I
guess that the £400 is the cost of sourcing two replacement boards, fitting
one and keeping the second in stock as backup for the 12 months warranty you
will get.  It's another way of saying that the problem is terminal, and the
camera beyond economic repair.

http://www.mxvphotographic.com/olympus_mf.htm has an EXC 4 for £199!  Or an
EXC- 4Ti for £225!! (I know which I would choose).  And maybe LCRS will give
you £25 as salvage for your 4.

No connection, other than as a satisfied repeat customer (of both MXV and
LCRS).

Piers