[OM] Re: [OT] Taurus not mentioned in Shutterbug

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Taurus not mentioned in Shutterbug
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:48:46 -0700
Well, our second car is the same thing, '92 v6 Taurus wagon. I bought it
a couple of years ago when my SO's subaru wagon that spent too many
winters in Maine started to collapse. I paid $1,700.  A few months later
a FedEx truck sideswiped it in front of the house. Just a few paint
scrapes, the sideview mirror glass and the rear bumper off its slides. I
put on a new mirror for $36 and remounted the bumper myself. Because the
scrapes were on several body panels, their insurance 'totaled it' and I
got a check $1,700, so it is, in effect, a free car! The only difference
between their scrapes and the ones already there is that the paint from
their truck is newer. I splurged and bought new tires and 4 wheel
alignment, though, so now it's cost me almost $500. Runs great and will
carry all the stuff and/or people the convertible won't.

It gets poor mileage 'cause it is just used around town and we live up
quite a hill, but it goes so few miles it doesn't much matter. Nice to
know it might get good mileage if it ever goes far.....

I don't have any Pentax equipment, although I do have a very nice
recently CLAed Fujica ST605n. In order to purify myself, I'd be happy to
sell it if anyone needs one of the best of the manual stop-down M42
mount camera bodies. I did a lot of research to find a really good one
(brand, model and instance), then the project it was for sort of fell
apart...... Free IMAGE brand 28/2.8 body cap.

Moose